- Variation problem
At sea, the distance D to the horizon is directly proportional to the square root of the elevation E of the observer. If a person who is 36 feet above the water can see 7.4 miles, find how far a person 49 feet above the water can see.
- Manipulating powers
(x to the negative second power)to the second power
- The feet of two vertical post are 50m apart the post are 6 m and 10 m high respectively what the length of cable is required to join the top of two post
- The first term of an arithmetic sequence is -5, and the tenth term is 13. Find the common difference.
- How many 1/2 foot of peices of a ribbon can be cut from a 6 foot ribbo
I need help
- Janelle and her cousin Marquita go to a 7:00 pm show. Write an expression for the total cost of admission. What is the total cost?
- give the coordinates of each point
- 0.35,0.03,0.3 from least to greatest
- Vivian is going to do some yard work, but she needs to leave her house at 2:00 to go to a football game. She is going to mow the lawn for 1 hour and 15 minutes, trim some bushes for 40 minutes, and put down some mulch for 25 minutes. She will also need 30
- Arithmetic sequence
what is the common difference of the arithmetic sequence the third term is -12 and seveth term is 8?
- Which of the following statements best describes the relationship between the point (3, 0) and the system of inequalities below? 2003-11-05-00-00_files/i0170000.jpg
- In your notebook, set up the following subtraction in a vertical format and select the correct answer. Reduce 7y 2y 2 - 7 by 3 - 4y.
- Erica makes $4,840 monthly. what is the maximum monthly rent she can afford to pay?
Erica makes $4,840 monthly. what is the maximum monthly rent she can afford to pay?
- the rain gauge at the water reservoir recorded the following rainfall during a six-month period: 5 5/6 in, 3 2/3 in, 3 in, 4 5/6 in, 1/4 in, 5/6 in. what is the average rainfall per month during this period?
- If 15% of x is 45,what is 20% of x?
- A tank is is half full of oil that has a density of 900kg/m3. Find the work W required to pump...
W= ??? (in joules)
- What is the purpose of using fraction strips and a 1 strip
- A concert profit
A concert promoter charges $65 per
ticket for a concert. The promoter's cost will be $5500 plus $4 per ticket.
If R = revenue and n =
number of tickets sold, then R(n) shows how revenue (amount of
money received from ticket sales) depends on the number of tickets sold.
If C = cost and n =
number of tickets sold, then C(n) shows how cost (expenses of the
concert promoter) depends on the number of tickets sold.
= 4n + 5500
the profit for the concert promoter if he sells 850 tickets. Show your work and
explain your solution.
- Would you expect a positive correlation, a negative correlation, or no correlation between number of miles a car drives and the amount of gas in the gas tank?
I believe the answer is negative......
Would you expect a positive correlation, a negative correlation, or no correlation between number of miles a car drives and the amount of gas in the gas tank?
- How much would $200 invested at 6% interest compounded annually be worth after 6 years? Round your answer to the nearest cent.
How much would $200 invested at 6% interest compounded annually be worth after 6 years? Round your answer to the nearest cent.